mission & vision
No need is too small and no voice is too quiet to be heard. We will devote the time and energy necessary to educate, organize and empower.
Korean American Coalition - Dallas / Fort Worth
The Korean American Coalition (KAC) is a non-profit, non-partisan, community advocacy organization. Established in 1983, its mission is to facilitate the Korean American community's participation in civic, legislative, and community affairs, encouraging the community to contribute to, and become an integral part of, American society.
1. To be an effective bilingual advocate for the Korean American community by articulating community concerns and interests and establishing channels of communication with elected officials, private and public agencies, other community organizations, media and the general public.
2. To promote and advocate the civil and civic rights interests of Korean Americans, increasing civic and legislative awareness and the general social consciousness of the Korean American community.
3. To be an informational resource and referral for and about the Korean American community.
4. To maintain networks of communication and cooperation between KAC and other organizations in the Korean American community as well as with organizations representing other racial and ethnic communities.
5. To maintain a viable working organization composed of first, second, and third generation Korean Americans.
6. To organize and implement leadership development programs encouraging Korean American students to become capable leaders in the community and civic affairs.